We’ll let you know if you’ve been successful in getting an interview, and give you lots of advice to make sure you shine. But here are our top tips to help you prepare.
- Find out all the details. Make sure you know where to be and when, and maybe even practice getting there. You don’t want the extra pressure of running late or getting lost on the big day!
- Prepare your answers. You won’t know what questions you’re going to be asked, but you’ll probably know the type of interview it’s going to be. Have some examples ready to help you answer questions, for example, times when you’ve had to work in a team, overcome pressure or meet a tight deadline.
- Dress the part. It sounds obvious, but you’ll need to look the part. You’ll need to look smart, but that doesn’t always mean you have to be suited and booted. Find out the culture of your potential workplace, and tailor your outfit to suit.
- Ask lots of questions. The interview is a chance for you to find out about the job and the company, so prepare lots of questions. It all shows you’re really interested, and you get lots of background information too.
- Smile! All potential employers like a friendly face and enthusiasm.
So that’s it! All of us at u&i wish you a happy and successful interview.