Our client is a UK leading Safety and Workplace distributor, specialising in the supply of Personal Protection Equipment. They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Assistant Buyer to join their Head Office based in Middlesex.
Assistant Buyer - The Role:
- Negotiating with suppliers and building long term relationships
- Sourcing, selection, benchmarking and due diligence of products and suppliers
- Ensuring all materials are purchased on time, to specification, and at the best price available
- Identifying new and alternative sources of supply for products and making recommendations to the Category Manager
- Maintain key supplier information including contract details, pricing, product specifications, unit of measure and lead times
- Researching market trends and identifying new products and suppliers.
- Ensuring that all allocated pricing and invoice queries are dealt with in a timely fashion
- Ensure all necessary reports are produced for all meetings and all communication is carried out effectively and in a timely manner
- Technical File Management
Assistant Buyer - The Candidate:
- This role would suit a recent graduate with some commercial experience or someone with up to 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Outgoing and ambitious
- Self starter and able to work on own initiative
- Computer literate
- Able to manage own workload and time
Assistant Buyer - The Package:
- Very competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.