Our client is a leading UK wholesaler specializing in the supply of personal protection equipment (PPE). As part of a global business with £7.4 billion FTSE 100 company, they offer broad market knowledge and expertise. They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Assistant Category Manager to join their Head Office in Middlesex.
Assistant Category Manager - The Role:
- Support negotiation of all pricing, rebates, marketing agreements, catalogue contributions and early payment discount
- Sourcing, selection, benchmarking and due diligence of products and suppliers
- Ensure product compliance
- Manage new product introduction process
- Managing the performance of suppliers
- Consolidation of range and suppliers
- Analysis and return of excess/obsolete stock
- Maintain key supplier information including contract details, pricing, product specifications, unit of measure and lead times
- Researching market trends and identifying new products and suppliers Ensuring that all allocated pricing and invoice queries are dealt with in a timely fashion
- Where applicable ensure that all allocated enquiries and tenders are returned in a timely fashion in order to put the company in the best position to secure the business.
- Ensure all necessary reports are produced for all meetings and all communication is carried out effectively and in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with key internal stakeholders including sales, inventory, quality control, technical, category management team and customer service to ensure customer fulfilment is maximised
- • Interact with customers at all levels of seniority ensuring the business commercial interests are protected.
Assistant Category Manager - The Candidate:
- Strong analytical capability
- Good interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Flexible to changing demands
- Demonstrates a desire to understand supplier needs,
- Plans own workload well, setting goals, timelines and milestones as appropriate. Prioritises effectively.
- Computer Literate
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- CIPS qualified or equivalent
Assistant Category Manager - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy