Our client is a well established supplier of accessories such as bags, purses, belt to some of the biggest players on the high street. An exciting and challenging role is available to join there Technical team as an Assistant Product Technologist
Assistant Product Technologist - The Role:
- Provide technical support to ensure products are fit for purpose and meet required quality and safety standards.
- Ensure testing standards are met as per customer requirements.
- Attend development and fit meetings when required.
- Attend critical path meetings and keep technical update logs for each account.
- Provide clear and concise written documentation ensuring workbooks are maintained throughout the sealing process.
- Deal promptly with all specification queries from overseas manufacturers ensuring all details are recorded, kept updated and relayed back to factories within the agreed timescales.
- Visit factories overseas to carry out production inspections when required.
- Support the QC on inspecting products to ensure that they meet quality standards.
- General support on helping to ensure products are packed on time to meet delivery and additional tasks which support other teams and the business overall as required.
Assistant Product Technologist - The Candidate:
- Technical based degree and/or experience in QC/QA
- Ability to understand technical requirements for products
- Excellent attention to detail & accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines with meticulous time management skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Active listener
- Problem analysis and problem-solving adaptability
- Experience with Microsoft Office programmes
- Team player attitude
- Interest in fashion and apparel brands
- Full driving licence and own vehicle
Assistant Product Technologist - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy