Our client is the largest distributor in the world. They operate in 27 countries servicing a variety of industries in construction, utilities, transport, etc Focusing on safety, multi risk clothing, protection etc. They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and commercial Category Manager (buyer) to join their Head Office.
Category Manager - The Role:
- Influencing of key functions to deliver strategic objectives
- Range planning
- Managing costs, suppliers and managing teams
- Building a commercially viable promotional plan that supports commercial / category strategy
- Project Management of range reviews, initiatives and activities.
- Negotiation of supplier terms and trading support.
- Identification of commercially viable range opportunities
- Ensuring engagement across all internal and external functions and at all levels
- Managing and developing a team (where appropriate)
- Creating a category strategy to meet the customer and business needs
Category Manager - The Candidate:
- Degree level or equivalent work experience
- Experience in category management/buying
- Strong analytical capability
- Good interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Able to work at pace
- Flexible to changing demands
- Takes ownership for actions and managing workload
- Ability to achieve for others
Competitive salary, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.