Home based role. Our client is an established Brand. They are now looking for a Commercial Manager with a background in Commercial Management, FMCG and Retail, you will have a proven track record of achieving sales targets. You’ll have excellent communication and relationship building skills with internal and external parties alike. You will have the ability to build and create new business with an emphasis on brand building. You’ll be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. An enjoyment of, and willingness to travel is a must.
Commercial Manager - The Role:
- Planning & delivery of all Brand, Marketing and Sales targets / KPI’s (e.g. Sales, Margin, Costs, Market Share, New Business), awareness and advocacy
- Develop close working relationships at all levels with each trade customer within assigned region and designated key account portfolio through a commercial, consultative, business to business approach
- Develop new and existing relationships & partnerships and work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Identify business opportunities and trade marketing activity to increase on-line and in-store brand awareness, brand visibility and in turn drive greater levels of sell-in and sell-through performances
- Negotiate, plan and deliver the successful execution of the sales, marketing, trade marketing, promotional and educational plan with each trade customer within defined portfolio
- Identify, plan, prospect and deliver new business opportunities
- Collate consistent and accurate data and statistics working with the Finance and Operations contacts and the wider teams internally and externally to ensure efficient and accurate processes are in place
- Prepare reports, presentations, management information, reporting and correspondence on a regular basis
Commercial Manager - The Candidate:
- Proven track record in Business Development/ Sales Management or Category Management – minimum of 5 years. Ideally from a FMCG background with fashion/textiles.
- Experience working with brands supplying UK Grocery Retail
- Proven account management and new business experience, specifically negotiating with senior stakeholders within key accounts and working closely with buyers and trading teams
- Must be highly commercial and have a breadth of commercial, financial, brand, trade marketing, visual merchandising & operations understanding across all trade channels and methods of distribution
- Must be data driven, highly numerate with strong analytical and data mining skills
- Experience of creating reports, managing and interpreting data and providing analysis and commentary to draw out key issues, trends and solutions
- Must be enthusiastic, persuasive combined with a strong customer focus
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with teams at all levels and across multiple functions
- Highly organised, self-motivated and professional
- Resilient, tenacious, outcome focussed and results oriented
- Demonstrates good networking, relationship building and influencing skills (internally and externally)
- Essential to have a high level of computer literacy and be proficient with all MS applications
- Based remotely with easy access to the M1 corridor and to Glasgow, you’ll have the ability to travel frequently and work at other sites as required
- Be willing and able to undertake regular national and international travel e.g. European Trade Shows
- Full clean driving licence
Commercial Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.