- Job Reference: AW4772
- Date Posted: 29 September 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: Midlands
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Buying, Merchandising, Operations, Production, Sales, Support
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a leading supplier within the hosiery, underwear and loungewear markets. They are currently recruiting a Costing Manager to join their team in Nottingham working across men’s and women’s branded product for the UK High Street.
Costing Manager - The Role:
• Working with the Planning team & Senior Management on the Key Lines intake requirements.
• Based on planning requirements, achieve the best cost prices and lead times available.
• Present information to the MD, to do the final price negotiation with the factories.
• Cross costing Key Lines with new and current supply base.
• Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best cost and supply for the business.
• Present summary reports to Senior Management & MD.
• Prepare costing sheets for customer meetings based on products in production / in stock.
• Present any freight rate changes in costing sheets for Senior Management on current stock / goods leaving supply base.
• Working with the Sales Managers on any new Private label costings required across all product categories.
• Get factory prices from CADs, specific specs to present costing sheets for Sales Managers for sign off.
• Check ex-factory dates and work with Merchandise Manager, to ensure these are achievable for customer & production.
• Work closely with Design & Tech to understand costings against product specification.
Costing Manager - The Candidate:
• Have an excellent understanding of socks/underwear to know where cost savings can be achieved and / or product improved.
• Strong negotiating skills
• Team player
• Able to work under pressure
Costing Manager - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.