Design & Product Development Consultant
- Job Reference: AW4724
- Date Posted: 13 July 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: Flexible
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Design
- Job Type: Contract
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is a global luxury brand focused on providing the finest quality night’s sleep for its customers. All their products are made by hand to customer specification in the UK. Their retail partners include the likes of Harrods, And So To Bed, ECI in Spain, and many leading independent furniture retailers around the world. They now have a rare opportunity for a Design & Product Development Consultant to join their business.
Design & Product Development Consultant - The Role:
- Working closely with personnel from both operations and commercial teams, in ensuring the brand remains relevant to their customers and ahead of its Global competitors in terms of product design from both a use and aesthetic perspective.
- This role is not about transformation, but more one of helping the brand evolve and improve its ability to offer relevant and commercial products that both compliment and add to the current range. The brand is renowned for making luxury mattresses and sleep systems. they are looking for a talented individual to help them innovate their product portfolio and present a clear and inspirational vision for the future.
- Initially this is expected to be a 5 month contract with approx. 40 hours per month time commitment.
Design & Product Development Consultant - The Candidate:
• At least 10 years’ experience in developing products within the furniture and/or household goods sector.
• Experience gained as a retail buyer, designer or product manager would be the ideal background type for this individual to fulfil the role.
• A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills. Used to managing and working within critical path deadlines, to achieve agreed on time delivery of projects and products.
• An affinity with UK manufacturing would be advantageous, and comfortable liaising with both operational and commercially focused colleagues, as well as established or new suppliers for product viability.
• Comfortable in undertaking competitor product analysis as well as presenting trends for both fabric and hard goods and outlining a plan suitable for local and global product differentiation.
• A firm grasp of margin and costing implication of design and development decisions is vital. This is key, as margin is a very important KPI in the business.
• An eye for detail and quality
• Happy working within a company that has global sales, with some geographic differentiation in tastes, but grounded a strong British heritage.
- Location: Flexible. Need to be able to travel to sites across the UK and Europe as and when required.
Design & Product Development Consultant - The Salary:
Competitive Dependent on Experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.