Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivering great value ladies, men’s and children’s clothing. They are currently looking for an experienced and trend driven Designer to join their team.
Designer - The Role:
- Research fashion forward and current trend information, inspirational and competitive shopping etc. Ensuring the HOD and department are kept up to date with the market, enforcing design intelligence at departmental level as well as the general top line trends.
- Contributes to creating and participating in seasonal trend presentations, colour palettes and trend tracking.
- Works collaboratively with their buyer to ensure the trends and looks are interpreted at departmental level across the fashion attitudes, range build and through the store grades.
- Responsible for designing the departmental range in line with brand strategy to ensuring that it is balanced, reflects customer requirements and is without duplication.
- Establishes key relationship with Buying and QA, in order to actively develop brand ‘handwriting’ and communicate key product direction and trends.
- Produce spec drawings for the factories/suppliers to follow as and when required.Making sure all spec sheets/briefing packs are sent out in line with critical path.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective and timely design process, in line with the critical path and planning cycle;
- Responsible for conducting and producing inspiration shop reports as required.
- Able to design multi- product
Designer - The Candidate:
- Strong and commercial designer
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A creative, motivated individual with a self-start mentality
Designer - The Package:
- Competitive, dependent on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.