Are you interested in alternative fashion, culture, and all things strange & unusual? Our client is an established international gothic clothing brand. They are currently looking to recruit a passionate, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual to design and develop exciting and fresh shoe & accessories concepts. The role requires an individual with industry experience in a similar role and a comprehensive knowledge of product development from initial concept through to sales.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate a flair for alternative/gothic fashion and an understanding of commercial design, possess excellent drawing skills, and have practical knowledge of shoes and accessories construction.
Designer – Shoes & Accessories - The Role:
• To Conceptualize and illustrate new designs for presentation to the design executives.
• To take designs from rough-concept through a workable, technical rendering.
• Responsible for creating free-hand sketched “notes” of the design concepts during new product development meetings.
• Working directly with other designers to elaborate and expand on their design concepts
• To creates new design concepts in keeping with the brand image based on one-of-a-kind stones or materials.
Designer – Shoes & Accessories - The Candidate:
• Have 5+ years design experience.
• A strong hand sketching ability (required)
• Be able to design engineering and product development in mind.
• Present inventive and organic designs in a “looser hand”
• Have the ability to interpret and re-imagine collections
• Demonstrate a strong sense of fashion with an alternative/gothic aesthetic.
• Have advanced rendering skills & knowledge of Adobe Suite.
Designer – Shoes and Accessories - The Package:
- Competitive dependent on experience
- Freelance/part-time considered.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.