Our client is a market leading manufacturer of both woven and knitted fabrics. As a result of continued business growth they are now seeking a Development Engineer to join their Woven Industrial Solutions team.
Development Engineer – The Role:
- Reporting to the Technical Manager you will provide development and technical support, designing and developing novel fabric solutions for current and new markets and customers.
- Co-ordinate development activity with sales and production staff to achieve agreed targets, liaising with the procurement team to assess and utilise the most cost-efficient raw material sources.
- Manage all live technical cases to include sample analysis, new product design and costings.
- Contribute to the design and development of fabrics, including all parts, weaving and laboratory specifications and performance checks and reports.
- Generate statistically robust technical specifications for all data analysis, yarn suppliers, fabrics constructions and external processing requirements.
- Responsible for the technical sign-off of all incoming orders.
- Maintain appropriate levels of contact with suppliers (including tradeshows) in regard to sourcing, specifications and quality.
- Ensure customers are provided with the appropriate level of technical support.
- Responsible for meeting all safety, quality and quantity requirements
Development Engineer – The candidate:
- Degree level scientific educated, preferably textile or polymer based or at least 1-5 years of experience in a textile manufacturing environment.
- Able to work on your own initiative and in a concise and methodical manner.
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communicator
- Able to drive and travel when required.
Development Engineer – The package:
Competitive Salary DOE