Fabric Sourcing & Development Manager
- Job Reference: AW4776
- Date Posted: 8 October 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: Bangladesh
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Fabric Sourcing and Development Manager to join the team in their thriving hub, taking responsibility for sourcing and developing new fabric qualities, fabrications in trend, on woven and jersey for women’s, men’s and childrenswear from fabric mills in Bangladesh and overseas.
Fabric Sourcing & Development Manager - The Role:
• Strategically source business and seasonally relevant fabrics for the region and promote those opportunities to relevant working partners like Product Managers, Designers, Sourcing Team, Sales Managers and Buyers
• Identify and establish key fabric trends for the upcoming season covering woven and jersey fabric across all categories.
• Actively source and manage the fabric supply base and expand the respective network in Bangladesh and overseas countries
• Attend trade shows, conduct mill and shop visits to research the new product trends and technology
• Manage and prepare key trend presentations to the UK buying and design teams
• Work with product managers and merchandise teams to review & manage fabric cost targets
• Drive strategic seasonal cross costing projects on core programs globally
• Actively manage sourcing critical path
• Plan and execute the establishment of new global sourcing routes
• Proactively develop commercial trend fabrics
• Work closely with fabric technical team to comply with necessary requirements
Fabric Sourcing & Development Manager - The Candidate:
• A Degree holder in Textile Design/ Textile Technology preferred, creative is flair essential
• At least 8 years’ in fabric sourcing, design and development experience with at least 4 years at managerial level. Preferably working in UK company or buying/sourcing office
• Possess comprehensive fabric knowledge including all woven and jersey, light weight and heavy weight fabrics
• Have strong trend focus, commercial awareness, a keen sense of fashion and the ability to interpret fabric trends
• Knowledge of the apparel design and development process
• Understanding of Textile Processes - spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing
• Good fabric sourcing network both in Bangladesh and overseas countries
• Good communication and presentation skills
• A confident presenter, with the ability to deliver compelling fabric presentations to buyers and designers
• Good management skills, confident, self-motivated and team player
• Ability to undertake overseas travel, when necessary
Fabric Sourcing & Development Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation and transport.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.