Our client is a market leading manufacturer of both woven and knitted fabrics. As a result of continued business growth they are now seeking a Fabric Technical Manager to join their Woven Industrial Solutions team.
Fabric Technical Manager – The Role:
• Reporting to the Technical Director you will manage the technical development and quality processes for the business unit.
• Research and understand the current capabilities and technology available in the market.
• Manage all live technical cases to include sample analysis, new product design and costings.
• Responsible for the fabric design and development of WIS products, including all parts, weaving and laboratory specifications and performance checks and reports.
• Generate statistically robust technical specifications for all data analysis, yarn suppliers, fabrics constructions and external processing requirements.
• Responsible for the product quality of WIS products, monitoring the yarn and fabric, understanding the product requirements and problem solving as appropriate.
• Responsible for the technical sign-off of all incoming orders.
• Identify improvement opportunities for fabric construction and cost reduction.
• Maintain appropriate levels of contact with suppliers (including tradeshows) in regard to sourcing, specifications and quality.
• Ensure customers are provided with the appropriate level of technical support.
• Responsible for raising health and safety alerts as and when required.
• Ensure all staff adhere to all company processes such as standard work, 5S, Risk Assessments (RAs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Provide leadership to all direct reports and respective teams, ensuring the Company’s values are part of daily routines and behaviours.
• Promote and encourage an environment focused on delivering a world class service, with a positive employee culture.
Fabric Technical Manager – The candidate:
- Degree level educated, preferably textile or polymer based or at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a textile manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage and develop a team whilst working as part of the management team
- Able to work on your own initiative and in a concise and methodical manner.
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communicator
- Able to drive and travel when required.
Fabric Technical Manager – The package:
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Excellent Benefits