Our client is one of the leading suppliers of soft furnishing products across the UK and Europe, supplying decorative curtain fabrics, upholstery fabrics and linings to the domestic and contract markets. They now have a rare opportunity for a proactive Fabric Technologist to join their team.
Fabric Technologist - The Role:
• Reporting to the Supply Chain Director / Group Fabric Technologist, you will establish responsibility for and maintain tight controls of all aspects of the Fabric Development Process, Specifications and ongoing Quality Assurance & Control systems.
• Ensure valid test certificates are in place for all products and manage the relevant databases
• Investigate and fully understand the various standards and test methods in relation to the product range
• Obtain, challenge and agree product specifications with suppliers
• Create and maintain product specifications for all products and manage the relevant databases
• Implement and maintain systems and procedures relating to all technical and quality aspects of the role
• Ensure product standards and continuity files are established and ensure these are maintained correctly
• Checking and approval of bulk submits from suppliers and providing feedback and recommendations regarding any issues
• Set and manage testing budgets
• Implement and maintain Quality Control systems including goods inwards and ongoing quality control
• Fully investigate all quality issues and customer complaints, report on findings and follow up on subsequent actions
• Analyse new product samples and identify any potential issues with conformity to required standards
• Be aware of and investigate ongoing changes to current legislation relating to particular standards
Fabric Technologist - The Candidate:
• The individual must possess a good eye for detail, be able to work on their own initiative but also work as part of a team
• Will have a passion for textiles
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a textile discipline
• 3 years + experience in a similar role
• An understanding of International Fire Retardant Standards would be highly desirable
• Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
• An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Experienced in the testing procedures of soft fabrics
• Some knowledge of weaving, dying, printing, coating and finishing would very beneficial
Fabric Technologist - The Package:
• Competitive salary, dependent on experience
• Company Pension Scheme (after qualifying period)
• 25 Days Annual Leave plus Statutory Bank Holidays
• Child Care Voucher Scheme
• Free onsite parking
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.