- Job Reference: JS4698
- Date Posted: 16 June 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: East Sussex
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Joanne Stratton
- Email: email@example.com
Are you interested in alternative fashion, culture, and all things strange & unusual? Our client is an established international gothic clothing brand. They are currently looking to recruit a Garment Technologist based in their Brighton office. Acting as one of the team’s primary technical coordinators, you would manage the fit and technical process from initial sample until delivery handover. You would be responsible for checking the quality and make up of the samples across multiple product areas, as well as oversee all aspects of garment fit. You would follow through with overseas factories on comments to be actioned and ensure all products are fit for formal production.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
• running fit sessions
• writing up fit comments
• creation of diagrams
• keeping historic logs and accurate updates of samples status
• daily liaison with overseas factories
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
• a comprehensive understanding of garment fit and make up
• have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role (high-street/supplier)
• experience working with overseas factories
• a knowledge of pattern cutting, construction, and manufacturing techniques
• the ability to follow and manage their time according to the critical path
• be fluent in the use of Microsoft word and Excel
• a high level of organisation with good communication skills
• a flexible approach to work, with the ability to adjust to the constantly changing needs of the business
• the ability to work alone, on one’s own initiative, as well as within a team
• an interest or understanding of gothic/alternative fashion
Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive dependent on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.