Our client is a leading Licensed Garment supplier to the high street. They are currently recruiting a Garment Technologist to work with high street retailers and major supermarkets.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Working to Critical Path Priorities - Chasing suppliers for required fit samples and paperwork.
- Risk assessment of garments proposed for production from a safety point of view ( childrens wear ) and to also ensure production friendly construction.
- Assess fit samples against previous comments - for any measurement discrepancies, incorrect make-up and overall quality etc – document the findings ready for fit sessions.
- Attending fit sessions with customers where necessary and also fitting in house.
- Writing up fit session notes / comments, communicating clearly to suppliers and factories any requests or amendments made by yourself or the customer. A good knowledge of customer workbooks is essential.
- Analyse and check 3rd party AQL reports sent from factories with regards to final shipment approval.
- Communicate Warehouse Inspection results to the supplier. Follow up on specific quality issues to ensure the problem is corrected and not repeated.
- Keen to be innovative and creative in working methods.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Full UK driving license essential
- A solid knowledge of garment construction on a range of jersey bases.
- Garment and fabric testing knowledge would be beneficial as would a knowledge of printing / print techniques.
- A history of working with UK High Street customers.
- A firm understanding of creating and grading size specs is essential. Pattern cutting experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Organised and efficient – ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good communication skills and able to manage your own work load.
- IT literate with skills in Word, Excel and Outlook packages
- Professional and credible with the ability to work on own initiative and also as part of the wider team.
Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.