Our client is a privately owned business with two successful womenswear brands, selling direct to a loyal and growing customer base in the UK, US and Europe. Product Development and Garment Technology are key components to the success of their fashion collections and they are now seeking a talented garment technologist/pattern cutter to support their growing team in south west London.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Working closely with the design and product development team to create beautiful, well fitted garments.
- Carrying design vision through to the finished garment across the size range and ensuring reputation for quality is maintained.
- Work with the Product Development team to ensure all styles are sealed on time (according to critical path).
- Manage sealing critical path, fit meeting schedule and on-time delivery of all prototype and pre-production samples
- Working closely with the technical team and suppliers to test new fabrics and garments in order to ensure that the product is fit for purpose and appropriately labelled.
- Liaising with the QC team and suppliers to report and resolve any issues.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- A proven track record of confidently leading fitting sessions from Prototype stage through to Pre-Production approval to bulk, ideally experience gained at a premium ladieswear brand.
- Previous experience as a pattern cutter or working with development and production patterns an advantage.
- A solid knowledge of garment construction.
- An understanding of grading
- Organised and efficient – ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of suppliers and other partners.
- Flexible and able to meet deadlines
- Passionate about your work with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and want to contribute to processes, which might enable others to fulfil their roles within the organisation.
- Self-starter who is motivated with a disciplined approach to problem solving.
Garment Technologist - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR Policy