Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivering great value ladies, mens and childrens clothing. They are currently looking for a Garment Technologist.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- keeping up to date with technical developments, communicating these to colleagues and providing technical advice and information so that technical innovations can be taken into account during product design and development
- Through technical research, interpretation of market information and quality benchmarking with recognised competitive set, contribute to product improvements by building initiatives that meet business strategy and customer requirements.
- Ensure consistent corporate product sizing is achieved within individual department; work closely with Technical Managers and Technologists in other departments to achieve consistency across the whole product offer.
- Proactively participate with trading colleagues in the selection process to ensure the company meets it’s business objectives
- In collaboration with buyers and designers, based on concepts, design briefs, bought samples and corporate standards, deliver on time, clear, concise line level product specifications that define technical, legal, safety and manufacturing requirements to ensure that product is fit for purpose and exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure that suppliers are adequately briefed so that they can produce right first time development and pre-production samples which meet all manufacturing, performance and fit requirements
- Review submitted development and pre-production samples against original product specification and agree/confirm/sign off manufacturing, performance and fit requirements, as the standard against which bulk production will be measured.
- As required provide a detailed technical brief for creative colleagues and attend fitting/photo shoots in order to ensure that products held out for sale on the corporate website are accurately represented, increasing customer satisfaction and minimising returns.
- In collaboration with the buyer and merchandiser manage the agreed critical path so that contracted delivery dates are achieved.
- Technically audit and sign off proposed manufacturing units against corporate requirements, making recommendations/corrective action plans as appropriate to ensure suitability for production.
- Provide returns estimating for online and manage in season returns using reports and systems provided. Resolve all issues and advise product teams and supply base accordingly.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- At least two years as a Garment Technologist
- You will need to have a strong technical knowledge, understanding of fabric and garment construction and be a problem solver who is flexible adaptable and resilient.
- The successful candidate will be working closely with all other areas of the business, mainly focused on design & buying, and will be responsible for ensuring the balance between creative and commercial are met to meet all business and customer needs.
- You will have the ability to manage, develop and strengthen key suppliers and supply chain partners, with communication skills that aspire relationships, negotiation & collaboration.
Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.