Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have a rare opportunity for a General Manager to join their senior management team in their thriving Bangladesh hub.
General Manager - The Role:
-You will have responsibility for maintaining and building a USD 265million business working with 70 suppliers and looking after 330 employees – 7 of which are direct reports.
- You will be responsible for setting and achieving the strategy that drives sales growth for the territory, meeting targets for turnover and profitability.
- You will provide strong leadership to the business and motivate and engage your teams to achieve the business strategy.
- You will focus on the key business goals of great product offer and price, maintaining quality and delivery performance and reducing lead time.
- Report to the Directors and provide business updates on a regular basis, highlighting any issues
- Working with your Senior Management Team identify opportunities for growth in different product areas, whether price, factory or product offer
- Be a role model to employees and create a motivating work environment by communicating clear expectations and also coaching employees after identifying development needs
General Manager - The Candidate:
-Must have experience of working with UK/European retailers
-Exemplary leadership and management skills and have the ability to act as a mentor to the business.
-You will be able to make sound business decisions quickly and confidently
-You will have the ability to adapt in a challenging environment
-Demonstrate commercial acumen and strategic thinking
-Be customer focused
-You will be pro-active and have strong interpersonal skills
-You will be solution focused and an effective problem solver
-Strong communication and negotiation skills
-Self-motivated and disciplined
-5 years in a similar position as a general manager in a sourcing office
-Over 10 years’ experience in relevant roles within a sourcing office
-Fluent in English
General Manager - The Package:
- Highly competitive salary + benefits including accommodation and transport.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.