Our client is currently recruiting an experienced homeware/home accessory designer to head their growing team. The role requires an individual with industry experience in a similar role and a comprehensive knowledge of product development from initial conception through to sales.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate an affinity with the alternative/gothic community and an understanding of commercial design, possess excellent drawing skills, and have practical knowledge of product construction. This role can be based in either Brighton, Berlin or LA.
Homeware Designer - The role:
- Design and development of both soft and hard homeware products
- Drawing of technical flats and design sheets.
- Catalogue and presentation drawing.
- Selection and approval of all materials, colourways, etc
- Comprehensive review of the category through formal sign off and sealing process.
Homeware Designer - The Candidate:
- Demonstrate an interest or understanding of gothic/alternative lifestyle/fashion.
- Would propose products that meet agreed design aesthetic & brand values.
- Would have experience working across multiple product areas.
- Understand technical specification standards and product construction.
- Have practical knowledge and/or experience with international production methods.
- Be fluent in the use of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Be able to produce high-quality work to targets and tight deadlines.
- Will be team orientated with good communication, organisational and motivational skills.
- Be able to work without supervision but be part of a team.
- Must be able to work at least part time in one of the following offices: either Brighton, Berlin or LA
Head of Brand - The Package:
- Competitive dependent on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.