Are you interested in alternative fashion, culture, and all things strange & unusual? Our client is an established international gothic clothing brand. They are currently looking to recruit a passionate, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual to design and develop exciting and fresh jewellery & accessory concepts. The role requires an individual with industry experience in a similar role and a comprehensive knowledge of product development from initial concept through to sales.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate a flair for alternative/gothic fashion and an understanding of commercial design, possess excellent drawing skills, and have practical knowledge of jewellery construction.
Designer – Jewellery - The Role:
- To Conceptualize and illustrate new designs for presentation to the design executives.
- To take designs from rough-concept through a workable, technical rendering.
- Responsible for creating free-hand sketched “notes” of the design concepts during new product development meetings.
- Working directly with other designers to elaborate and expand on their design concepts
- To creates new design concepts in keeping with the brand image based on one-of-a-kind stones or materials.
Designer – Jewellery - The Candidate:
- Have 5+ years of jewellery design experience.
- A strong hand sketching ability (required)
- A design degree in jewellery (with a metalsmith focus preferred)
- Be able to design engineering and product development in mind.
- Present inventive and organic designs in a “looser hand”
- Have the ability to interpret and re-imagine collections
- Demonstrate a strong sense of fashion with an alternative/gothic aesthetic.
- Have technical knowledge of jewellery manufacturing and materials
- Have advanced rendering skills & knowledge of Adobe Suite.
Designer – Jewellery - The Package:
- Competitive dependent on experience
- Freelance/part-time considered.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.