Our client is a menswear brand with an incredibly diverse range of outerwear and military inspired fashion who are seeing rapid brand growth. As a result they are now looking to recruit a talented and driven Junior Designer, who has a passion for creating both functional and fashionable garments. This role is based in their brand new, state of the art offices in Exeter.
Junior Designer - The Role:
- Working closely with the Design Manager on a range of product spanning uniforms to high fashion.
- Liaise with customers, when required and build strong relationships working with their requirements to achieve the desired end result.
- Work with the manufacturing factories as and when required.
- Develop commercial casual outerwear clothing ranges to enhance new business opportunities and maintain existing business.
- Review & challenge briefs from customers & commercial teams.
- Create in-depth tech packs and specifications of all designs that are to be sampled.
- Carryout relevant trend research, present to senior members of the team and customers.
Junior Designer - The Candidate:
- The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of garment construction and woven fabrics.
- Experience in outdoor sports and/or menswear design is essential and knowledge of outerwear and jackets would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent CAD skills in Illustrator and Photoshop
- The ideal candidate must have good communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment..
- Must have a good creative, yet commercial eye.
- Experience of creating commercial products for either a brand, the High Street or workwear.
- Must be innovative and able to problem solve, be adaptable as well as work in a fast paced and pressured environment.
- Able to work as part of team as well as showing own initiative.
Junior Designer - The Package:
Dependent on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.