Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivery great value women’s fashion, menswear and children’s clothing. They are currently looking for a Merchandiser to join their team. The candidate must have experience of working for a Fashion retailer as an Assistant or Junior Merchandiser.
Merchandiser - The Role:
- Responsible for developing, planning and delivering a commercially focused range alongside the Buyer, whilst driving profit and enhancing the brand position.
- Works closely with the Buyer to build a balanced range in line with customer expectation that reflects brand strategy, by delivering correct product mixes, price architecture and delivers the right product at the right quantity to the right store;
- Takes responsibility for developing departmental sales, stock, intake plans, profit and markdown in order to monitor and measure performance
- Takes responsibility for flexing trade between categories and managing mixes, optimising sales and stock levels and intake phasing, to an agreed divisional and departmental plan through effective use of WISSI’s;
- Reacts to current sales and trends, by managing OTB or current stock situations and repeating, cancelling or re-phasing where necessary or proposing promotional or markdown activity;
- Effectively manages departmental KPI’s within season, ensuring markdown and buying in margin (BIM) are controlled in order to maximise profit for the department;
- Take responsibility for managing the supply base to ensure delivery is to time and that intake targets are met, whilst anticipating risks and planning contingencies and developing solutions to problems as appropriate;
- Work alongside Stock Distribution to ensure optimum stock levels are delivered in store, to meet customer demand and expectations.
- Demonstrates strong commercial awareness and develops a strong understanding of the customer to take account of when planning and building a range;
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of all merchandising systems and processes and is able to fully utilise all merchandising tools including forecasting, WISSI and BI.
- Team Management - regularly monitors and reviews levels of performance, works closely with the HR department to support the effective recruitment and selection of Assistant Merchandisers whilst working closely with the Training department to develop a full induction programme
Merchandiser - The Candidate:
- At least 3 years Retail Merchandising experience
- Extensive knowledge of all merchandising processes.
- Ability to adapt to in-house forecasting tools and systems.
- Strong analytical and strategic mind.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with excellent listening & questioning techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Highly motivated can do attitude
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective team player
Retail Merchandiser - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.