- Job Reference: AW4707
- Date Posted: 21 June 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: Lancashire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is a well established brand owner who manufacture wallcoverings and fabric in the UK. Each of their factories operates with clear commitments and initiatives towards the care of the environment and to sustainability. The now have a rare and exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join their team.
Operations Manager - The Role:
• Lead the site operations team and manage their development and success.
• Coordinate activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements
• Lead the Health, Safety and Environmental culture at the site, with support from the H&S Advisor
• Responsible for the production, procurement, planning, technical, quality and engineering
• Communicate with all employees to ensure shared understanding of objectives and delivery to customer requirements
• Oversee organizational structure to ensure resource is aligned to demand and to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis
• Drive continuous improvement culture throughout the site.
• Lead capital investment plan for the site.
• Work with the Sales and Design team to ensure the capacity plan is aligned with the demand plan so that target service levels are exceeded.
• Ensure technical team are supported by operations so that external and internal quality issues are better than target
• Make sure the working environment maintains access to required equipment
• Ensure the planning team have balanced flow of material from sourcing through production to despatch
• Responsible for leading the engineering function so that they are able to support the production team and other areas, including Health & Safety.
• Ensure that all audits are carried out on time and supported in the relevant areas
• Work with the group operations leadership team to develop and share best practice
• Involved in the implementation of the new ERP system stage 1 and stage 2
Operations Manager - The Candidate:
• Proven experience as an Operations Manager or similar role with full site responsibility
• Experience in printing desired.
• Experience in leading Continuous Improvement Activity
• Experience in project management
• Good organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
Operations Manager - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR Policy.