Our client is a global activewear and lifestyle brand, currently seeking a Product Developer to join their ever-growing team. You will be eager to go above and beyond to ensure the right product is developed in accordance with company requirements and able to add newness and improve the existing product offer, as the brand continues its global expansion!
Product Developer – The Role:
• Collection management: ownership of specific product category from development through SRS delivery.
• Systems management: seasonal data entry into PLM. Update and maintain.
• Vendor management: daily communication with global supply network on all product development elements from concept through to SRS (salesman samples).
• Margin management: Responsible to cost engineer to price point and ownership of initial intake margin for assigned category in line with business goal. Review open cost sheets & price negotiation with supply network.
• Work in conjunction with Manager on season vendor allocation in line with business sourcing strategy.
• Cross category communication with Buying on range plan, capturing add, drops, retails and margin reviews throughout the product creation process.
• Attend & participate in fit proto fit session with design, garment tech. Problem solving and offering solutions to ensure product is fit purpose.
• Manage category handover with Production post SRS TP, BOM’s costing.
• Critical path management: Ensure all key deadlines met. Tracking & reporting on status throughout the process.
• Ensuring design, RM, trims, prints & garment tech are on track for design handovers, proto & edit reviews.
Product Developer – The Candidate:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in apparel
• A natural ability to multi-task with strict adherence to deadlines
• High level of communication experience with overseas agents and/or factories
• Must be detail oriented and possess strong time management and organizational skills
• Proficient in Excel
• Outstanding follow up skills
• Experience using PLM systems
• Eagerness and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation
• Self-starter and solution oriented
Product Developer – The Package:
• Competitive salary DOE
• Generous benefits package
• Flexible Working: they currently work flexibly between the office and home. Their focus remains keeping everyone safe and will continue to review this in line with government guidance