Our client has evolved over the last 20 years into a true sportswear partner. They now supply both bespoke and personalised stock to a wide range of prestigious sporting establishments as well as academic institutions and smaller sporting outfits. It is their goal to increase revenue and provide outstanding service to individuals who choose their products.
They encourage staff to constantly explore their potential, push boundaries and become the best they can be. They believe that their culture offers talented individuals a nurturing environment that promotes personal and professional development.
Each person within their team brings unique skills, knowledge and experience to a fast paced, ever changing environment and they are looking for a passionate and creative Product Developer to help them grow.
Product Developer - The Role:
• The Product Developer will support the product development process of our apparel and accessories from research through to commercialisation.
• You will act as a collaborator with the design team owning and driving cost, construction, quality and fit.
• You will ensure all technical standards across our product categories are implemented and maintained and you will support the calendar process to achieve all critical deadlines.
• Passion, imagination and an eye for detail and craftsmanship will help ensure the products we create are innovative, progressive, technical apparel and accessories.
• Support all product calendars, managing all projects responsibly keeping to deadlines.
• Participate in product research activities where relevant
• Create and maintain accurate tech packs throughout the development process.
• Provide weekly tracking of all samples in work across the supplier base
• Evaluate all samples for construction, fit and quality. Where relevant ensure styles are tested, adhering to quality standards.
• Support the fit process by giving input to standard block pattern and size chart creation and leading fittings for all allocated styles and size sets.
• Support the materials developer with all fabric / trim developments, lab dip approvals and testing
• Build strong cross functionally relationships with Sourcing, Quality, Materials, Design, Sales and Purchasing providing support where required.
• Establish and maintain effective working relations with all external vendors ensuring clear and concise communication
• Domestic and overseas travel as necessary.
Product Developer - The Candidate:
• 4+ years relative industry experience specifically in technical sports apparel.
• College or University degree in clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable education.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Ability to problem solve and to provide solutions while managing several projects at once.
• Experienced in product standards, garment construction, sizing and grading relating to technical sports apparel.
• Strong knowledge of performance materials would be an advantage
• Effective communicator and negotiator.
• Thorough understanding of product testing.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Results-oriented and flexible in a fast-paced environment
• Willing to embrace and implement change within a team environment
Product Developer - The Package:
Competitive salary DOE
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.