Product Manager - Menswear
- Job Reference: AW4777
- Date Posted: 14 October 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: Shanghai
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Buying, Design, Merchandising, Product Development
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is a UK based retailer with global operations. They are currently seeking an experienced Product Manager to join their busy sourcing office in Shanghai as part of the menswear team.
Product Manager - Menswear - The role:
- Drive and maximize sales and profit for your departments by targeting new and Independent business and developing strong and strategic product offers to achieve this.
• Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer.
• Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions.
• Work closely with fabric sourcing to ensure that all key seasonal fabrics are delivered in season
• Have a clear understanding of the product offer from the Country / Region to establish and implement strategies to achieve the sales target.
• Actively review supply base with Merchandising Manager and source new suppliers where necessary
• Set sales budgets together with merchandise manager for each relevant product category / department.
• Monitor status of sales against the budget on a continual basis and make adjustments as necessary.
• Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality.
• Manage customer visits to the Country / Region ensuring they are well prepared and that visitors are always impressed.
• Motivate and develop your team, evaluating and distributing workload to ensure this is balanced across the team members.
• Adapt to, and find the best way forward in new, changing or challenging situations while supporting the team to stay positive and motivated
• Set impactful goals for your team that are aligned with the strategic directions of the organization
Product Manager - Menswear - The candidate:
• Preferable minimum 5-8 years with relevant experience in menswear
• Experience working with the UK market is advantageous
• Comprehensive technical knowledge for all your departmental areas.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in design field is an advantage
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English
• Strategic thinker to be able to offer a competitive edge
• Strong design or product development background in relevant product group
• Excellent planning skills, with ability to prioritize and achieve deadlines
• Have strong Leadership skills and be an exceptional team player and a decision maker
• Proactive, reliable and strong at multi-tasking
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and independently
• Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
• Excellent people management experience
Product Manager - Menswear - The package:
- Competitive salary and benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.