Our client is a global activewear and lifestyle brand. They are now looking for an Product Technologist on Accessories to join the ever-growing Product Team. You will take responsibility for the development, sourcing and commercialization of raw materials across all non-clothing items, adding newness and improving the existing product offer.
Product Technologist - Accessories - The Role:
- Develop / source and commercialize raw materials for accessories, in line with the product codes and sustainability strategy.
- Create raw materials for accessories briefs – including developing trim drawings and specifications.
- Ensure all raw materials for accessories are approved and conform to performance and compliance standards.
- Support the design team in creating seasonal raw materials for accessories mood boards in line with seasonal themes.
- Maintain raw materials for accessories data for reporting and relevant PLM requirements.
- Participate in all relevant meetings with design, raw materials, product development, buying and business updates.
- Build relationships and rapport with new and existing Accessory suppliers, to understand and leverage their capabilities, whilst overcoming barriers to doing business eg price / minimums, lead-times, new technology.
- Provide technical support for the Design and Product Development team on the suitability of raw materials for accessories, and the technical capability of vendors to supply the products required.
- Support sustainability initiatives.
- Carry out trend, technical research and comp shop reports to ensure raw materials for accessories are continually evolving and always world class.
- Visit Industry trade shows / webinars / conferences to gain knowledge, keep up to date with industry advancements.
- Explore the use of digital assets and 3D printing for prototyping.
- Ensure developments are completed as per the agreed critical path dates.
- Anticipate and highlight any potential delays to raw materials for accessories development and come up with creative solves.
- Demonstrate understanding of the factory processes, colour limitations and supplier lead times for raw materials for accessories.
Product Technologist - Accessories - The Candidate:
- Qualified to a degree level in Product Technology / Materials Science or a similar subject
- 3 years minimum experience in similar position
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign) CAD ability with Illustrator/Photoshop
- Superb organization skills and self-motivated as while as an eye for detail
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Capable of working well with other teams and building productive relationships, as well as working well independently
- Able to work at a fast pace and to remain calm under pressure
- Experience on 3D printing prototypes an advantage
Product Technologist - Accessories - The Package:
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.