Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join their team based in Cornwall. With a background in buying or production you’ll be highly experienced in maintaining excellent supplier relationships and proficient in analysing and processing data to ensure that all deadlines and delivery timelines are met. With excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel, demonstrating your analytical skills with the ability to process and manage large volumes of data. You’ll be super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Purchasing Coordinator - The Role:
- Coordinate production and shipment deadlines to maintain on time, in full compliant deliveries.
- Track production deadlines to the company critical path and relevant progress visible company wide.
- Raise stock purchase orders within critical path deadlines.
- Book and coordinate inbound logistics.
- Build relationships and develop suppliers
- Maintain reporting tool to monitor supplier performance.
- Assist suppliers to manage their upstream supply chain to ensure deadlines are met
- Accurately update, monitor and maintain data sources to ensure information is available at all times for ad hoc and routine reporting purposes.
- Allocate and raise new product codes, descriptions, and barcodes in agreed format.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to meet business and individual objectives.
- Communicate effectively always, to ensure the team are on board.
- Offer mentoring and/or coaching to help develop the skills and expertise of team members.
Purchasing Coordinator - The Candidate:
- Highly experienced in the coordination of the production cycle with multiple suppliers, from the point of ordering goods, seeing through production and to shipping.
- Particular experience liaising effectively with multiple 3rd party suppliers, logistics partners or international factories concurrently.
- Creative and innovative thinker and ‘out of the box’ problem solver.
- Commercial acumen and good analytical skills with the ability to apply sound judgment to business issues.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to manage and motivate a small team.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate and an advanced user of MS Excel.
- Knowledge of PLM / ERP systems would be an advantage.
Purchasing Coordinator - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.