Senior Laboratory and Research Technician
- Job Reference: AW4690
- Date Posted: 24 May 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: East Midlands
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Product Development, Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is a market leader in designer fabrics and wall coverings. As a long established supplier of quality products the business has gone from strength to strength and has recently relocated into superb new offices. A rare opportunity has arisen for a Senior Lab & Research Technician to be based in their soon to be completed brand new lab.
Senior Lab & Research Technician - The Role:
- Working with a small team, responsible for internal and external testing across 6 brands, in a timely manner.
- To work in collaboration with the design studios and QC departments to provide an effective and efficient fabric testing and research service.
- To conduct a range of technical, investigative and quality control work on textiles, ensuring that quality, ethical and legal requirements are met.
- To provide senior support within the lab and to the wider QC team.
- To research and offer solutions to the brands regarding quality improvements or changes in standards where necessary.
- To form relationships with suppliers to maintain dialogue with regard to quality standards and issues, returns if necessary and keep abreast of specification information.
Senior Lab & Research Technician - The Candidate:
- Experience of working within a textile laboratory
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Hands on approach with good problem solving skills
- Ability to work accurately and under pressure if necessary
- Strong communication, analytical, numeracy and reporting skills
- Approachable and friendly
- Highly motivated, to want to research and self educate
Senior Lab & Research Technician - The Package:
- Excellent salary DOE