Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Merchandise Manager to join their thriving Bangladesh Office. Are you looking for something new, keen for an adventure, want to live an expat life and to travel to some amazing places? If so this could just be the ticket!
Senior Merchandise Manager - The Role:
- This is a large role, taking responsibility for a team of 70 across all of the woven and knitwear product areas.
- Set clear objectives and targets to improve reliability, service and supplier performance
- Weekly review factory capacity allocation, utilization and supplier strategies.
- Take responsibility for all costing's, margins and stock
- Review business levels and supplier performance on a weekly basis
- Recruit, train and develop new team members where required.
- Manage the customer requirements and ensure strong relations are maintained
- Understand the suppliers and carry out appraisals as necessary
Senior Merchandise Manager - The Candidate:
- Over 10-15 years of merchandising experience in a similar product area
- At least 5 years of experience working at a managerial level
- Must have a strong sourcing network and good understanding of the UK market
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Self motivated, independent and proactive
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills but with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Excellent written and spoken English and highly computer literate
Senior Merchandise Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation, transport and regular trips to the UK.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.