Technical Manager - Knitwear
- Job Reference: AW4746
- Date Posted: 24 August 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: Bangladesh
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager focused on knitwear to join their thriving Bangladesh hub.
Are you looking for something new, keen for an adventure, want to live an expat life and to travel to some amazing places? If so this could just be the ticket!
Technical Manager, Knitwear - The Role:
- Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager, the Knit Technical Manager has a pivotal role working closely with the UK Technical team, as well as local Product Development, Merchandising and Quality teams and Suppliers, to ensure all sample developments and production garments meet the required expectations of the customer.
- You will provide expert advice to the Technical team and supply base to ensure all products perform to exacting standards whilst maintaining the Critical Path.
- Mentor and develop the Technical team and existing / new suppliers to ensure they meet expectations in terms of accurate interpretation of design packs, sample and production quality, cost, speed of response and on-time delivery.
- Manage the QA function and procedures across each production unit and all knitwear styles.
Technical Manager, Knitwear - The Candidate:
• Expertise in all aspects of knitwear to help optimise manufacturing processes and efficiency savings without compromising the integrity of the product.
• Specific yarn and spinning knowledge, preferably having worked with Chinese spinners.
• Experience and understanding of all types of Knitting machines and techniques
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and establish solid working relationships with the Technical, Merchandising and Development teams.
- Fluency in English is essential.
Technical Manager, Knitwear - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.