- Job Reference: AW4767
- Date Posted: 23 September 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Design
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a privately owned business with two highly successful womenswear brands, focused on creating unique and beautiful clothes in natural fibres, sold direct to a loyal and growing customer base in the UK, US and Europe. They currently have a great opportunity for a Textile Designer with an interest in working in clothing, and as part of a small team in their London design studio.
Textile Designer - The Role:
- Working as part of the product development team you will play an integral part in taking the product from concept to completion.
- In this role you will specifically lead colour and print for the range.
- Print design and development - working with repeat, placement and conversational prints. Reworking vintage and outsourced artworks.
- Separating colour and creating multiple colour-ways for team selection.
- Focused on the fabric and trim aspects in the development of yarn dyed stripes, prints, embroideries, etc.
- Managing colour across all fabric bases, approving lab dips, strike offs and bulk swatches.
- Swatching photos to colour match for the catalogues and working with reprographics to help colour match the images.
- Producing artwork specs for tech packs
- Working alongside the creative and marketing teams to help with photoshoots, putting outfits together, sourcing accessories and footwear.
- Manage and track samples and approvals to ensure everything is on time to the critical path
- Provide content for social media and writing 'finer points' copy for the website
Textile Designer - The Candidate:
- A degree in Textile Design or related field
- Computer and photoshop skills are essential. Illustrator and InDesign woud be useful.
- Great eye for colour
- Print design and development experience, plus a knowledge of wovens, knits and embroidery.
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Proactive, organised and able to multi task
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate ideas
Textile Designer - The Package:
- Competitive salary DOE
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR Policy.