Trim Development Manager
- Job Reference: AW4754
- Date Posted: 9 September 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: London and homeworking
- Remote Working: Some remote working possible
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Product Development, Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is a global activewear and lifestyle brand. They are currently seeking a Trim Development Manager to join their ever-growing Product Team. This exciting and newly created role requires someone who is motivated at the prospect of being the lead for the development, sourcing and commercialisation of trims, who’s able to add newness and improve the existing product offer, as the brand continues its global expansion!
Trim Development Manager – The Role:
• Create trim briefs – including developing trim drawings and specifications.
• Ensure all trims are approved and conform to performance and compliance standards.
• Support the design team in creating seasonal trim mood boards in line with seasonal themes.
• Participate in all relevant meetings with design, raw materials, product development, buying and business updates.
• Build relationships and rapport with new and existing trim suppliers, to understand and leverage their capabilities, whilst overcoming barriers to doing business eg price / minimums, lead-times, new technology.
• Provide technical support – being the “expert in the room” for the Design and Product Development team of the suitability of trims and the technical capability of vendors to supply the products required.
• Support the sustainability initiatives.
• Build, mentor and develop the trim development team
• Carry out trend, technical research and comp shop reports to ensure trims are continually evolving an always world class.
• Create and inspire beautiful and innovative solves for trim raw materials.
• Visit Industry trade shows / webinars / conferences to gain knowledge, keep up to date with industry advancements and apply to the range.
• Explore the use of digital assets and 3D printing for prototyping.
• Ensure developments are completed as per the agreed critical path dates.
• Anticipate and highlight any potential delays to trim development and come up with creative solutions.
• Demonstrate understanding of the factory processes, colour limitations and supplier lead times for trims.
Trim Development Manager – The Candidate:
• Qualified to a degree level in Textile Technology / Materials Science or a similar subject.
• 5 year's minimum experience in similar position.
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign) CAD ability with Illustrator/Photoshop.
• Superb organization skills and self-motivated as while having an eye for detail
• Exceptional communication skills and a strong commercial awareness.
• Capable of working well with other teams and building productive relationships, as well as working well independently.
• Able to work at a fast pace and to remain calm under pressure.
• Knowledge of trim testing.
• Ideally you will have an existing network of trim suppliers.
• Experience on 3D printing prototypes an advantage.
Trim Development Manager – The Package:
• Competitive salary DOE
• Generous benefits package
• Flexible Working: they currently work flexibly between the office and home. Their focus remains keeping everyone safe and will continue to review this in line with government guidance