Tuner / Overlooker
- Job Reference: AW4727
- Date Posted: 20 September 2021
- Recruiter: u&I Search Ltd.
- Location: West Yorkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Production
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Angela Wilkinson
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is a heritage business, established over 180 years ago with a long history as a fully vertical woollen mills and turning raw wool into beautiful product for apparel, accessories and furnishing industry, supplying global markets. They currently have an excellent opportunity for two loom technicians / overlookers to work as part of the team providing an efficient service within the weaving department, with the purpose of maximising weaving and other operating efficiencies.
Tuner / Overlooker - The Role:
- To ensure that loom down time is kept to a minimum through the efficient management of job changes:
Assistance with beam installation and the tie in procedure.
Programming the computer in the manager’s office.
- To ensure that machines are operated at their optimum speed and efficiency.
- To assist the company in the high quality of woven fabrics, by ensuring that the production of second quality goods is kept to a minimum:
Assisting the Weaving Shed Manager in the identification and rectification of weaving quality problems.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures:
Ensuring that all maintenance, repair and lubrication is carried out when the looms are at a standstill.
Ensuring that machines are only operated in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and notice taken of oil grease and warp lubricant spillages
Tuner / Overlooker - The Candidate:
• Prior experience as a loom tuner is required, preferably using Dornier looms.
• Attention to detail.
• Good literacy/numeracy skills
• Excellent timekeeping.
• Full capacity to recognise and distinguish between different colours.
- Able to work either rotating day shifts or night shifts.
Tuner / Overlooker - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.