Our client is a British Heritage Retailer based in South West London. They are currently looking for a Buyer with experience across ladieswear multi product. This is an excellent opportunity to join a Establish Brand at an exciting time of change and strategic progression. This is a Contract position until summer 2020.
Womenswear Buyer (Fixed Term Contract) - The Role:
- Plan and agree the sales/margin and stock budget with the Merchandisers and General Managers.
- Source, select and negotiate with suppliers to obtain optimum product, prices and terms of contract.
- Undertake selection of all new products.
- Gather, analyse and interpret product, market and customer information in order to forecast future demand patterns for supply chain requirements.
- In conjunction with Merchandising, monitor and control the range to ensure budgeted stock turn, margin and profit targets are achieved.
- Manage the range plan to maximize customer service levels.
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure all promotions are executed correctly.
- Work with the Trading and Marketing Managers to resolve commercial problems.
- When required, conduct range presentations to the Board, General Mangers, Retail and Overseas Investors.
- To have a full awareness of all legal and safety standards.
- Supervise the workload and appraisal of a Buyer’s Assistant.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Womenswear Buyer (Fixed Term Contract) - The Candidate:
- Strong experience as a Junior Buyer within ladieswear
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods
- Negotiation/influencing skills
- Experience in budget & project management
- Effective people management, team building and strong communication skills
- Confident presentations skills with excellent attention to detail
Womenswear Buyer (Fixed Term Contract) - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.