M&S's Clothing Comeback: Comfort is Key

Posted on Friday, September 10, 202115 comments

Marks and Spencer’s have previously found fashion a problem area for sales compared to their infamous food hall, which they are renowned for. But the store is hoping to boost consumer appetite towards their clothing lines this autumn.

Their showcase of autumn looks for the new season is not only a ‘back-to-school’ moment in the British fashion industry but also an indication of which catwalk trends will translate into the high street mass market. This autumn’s pieces are not designer dupes of celebrity favourites like we’ve seen in previous years at M&S, like Alexa Chung’s 2015 suede skirt, but full of key comforts; quilted coats, bright tracksuits, and even non-wired bras.

“Anything with an elastic waist flies out of the store.”

says Jill Stanton, the company’s womenswear design director.

Post-Pandemic Fashion Demands

It is clear that lockdown has impacted fashion demand. We’ve become so used to living in elastane and relaxed fits, that this is translating into our outfits post-covid. Shoppers at Marks and Spencers have told staff “they’ve forgotten how to get dressed”, and the store’s mission is to make fashion easy for people who struggle, by making comfortable, and not boring, clothes. Before coronavirus, 50% of their knitwear sold was in darker colours of black, navy, and grey, but now it’s only 25%, and orange tones have proved the most popular this season.

M&S are aware that their clothing lines don’t have as much consumer impact as their food ranges, but as the consumer demand for comfort has increased post-lockdown, they may have an advantage. Soozie Jenkinson is the head of lingerie at M&S, and she says, “Our ethos has always been that we don’t have one comfort line. Everything we do is comfortable”. The soft non-wired bralettes are available in sizes up to a K-cup, making it a very inclusive fashion brand too, and even partywear is now incorporating elements of comfort with elastic waistbands.

The Need for Speed

Lockdown has also provoked a push for sustainability amongst the clothing lines as people are caring far more about the environmental impact of their purchasing decisions and especially how far their money is going.

The irony of the changes in customer demands due to lockdown is that as people couldn’t pop to the shops for necessities, online shopping, specifically shopping on Amazon boomed, and therefore next-day delivery became the norm. M&S has taken this aspect of online fashion seriously and hopes to become the first high street clothing retailer to offer same-day delivery.

Could this be the thing that finally allows their fashion lines to stand out?

If you have enjoyed this blog, why not read ‘UK Shoppers Boost High Street Footfall in August’ or you can find all our other blogs here.

Previous PostNext Post

15 comments on "M&S's Clothing Comeback: Comfort is Key"

• LindaSox says: 11 September 2021 at 19:36

• juwan james says: 13 September 2021 at 03:25

Hello everyone. Dr Ishiaku herbs is a good remedy for herpes Virus , I was a carrier of herpes virus and I saw a testimony on how Dr. Ishiaku cure Herpes Virus, I decided to contact him, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. After he finish he sent me the herbs which i took for 2 weeks before asking me to go for a check up and getting there i could not believe that i was confirm HSV 2 Negative after the test, Today i am so happy because I'm free from herpes disease with the help of Dr. Ishiaku . Thank God now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. Ishiaku herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to God for making it possible. you can reach him on his email, i strongly recommend him to any one out here looking for a cure to herpes or any other deadly disease...Contact Dr ishiaku via email: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com or whats-app +2348180828544

• prohas says: 13 September 2021 at 23:44

Заказать seo поисковую оптимизацию сайта, Заказать услуги по продвижению сайта По всем возникшим вопросам Вы можете обратиться в скайп логин <b>pokras7777</b>Раскрутка сайта под ключ
    .Так же собираем базы Обратесь всегда будем рады вам помочь наша группа в телеграме <a href=https://goo.su/4zRx>бесплатные базы для хрумера</a> или в пишите
    <a href=http://surl.li/vzoi>скайп</a>

• Patricia says: 21 September 2021 at 22:09

I am so happy sharing my amazing experience with how Robinson buckler who helped me bring my boyfriend back me and my partner was having a lot of issues things got so worst we broke up I was devastated I love him more than anything, I cried my eyes out until my friend who had a perfect relationship told me how she did it and introduced me to the wonderful man Robinson buckler he told me everything was going to be Ok that there is no perfect relationship so he will help me fix mine, He told me what to do which I did and exactly 24 hours later my boyfriend came back I’m so happy thank you so much I’m going to leave his details here so you too can benefit from him and his work robinsonbucler@{{gmail}}.com” ...........................

(Contact him for a solution to relationship/marriage problem)…..

(You could also get cured too ..if you need help you can contact him)

1. Bring your boyfriend back????

2. Bring your husband back????

3. Bring your wife back???

4. Bring your girlfriend back???

5. Win lottery???

6. Herpes cure?????

7. help you to become pregnant, if you looking for the fruit of the womb????

8. Complete cure of any kind of sickness?????

9. marriage commitment and so many more?????

• Wendy Kay says: 21 September 2021 at 22:10

I contacted him about herpes cure and he told me how to get his medicine and how to use it for just 14 days. i did as instructed, i went for a check up and my result came back negative. so i made it a task to share this good testimony in the internet so that those sick can benefit and get cured. Email: Robinsonbuckler11@gmail com……………

Thank you SOOOO much!!!!!

GENITAL WARTS/
    PREGNANCY.
    EPILEPSY.
    GENPILENCIN.
    PREGNANCY
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS.
    HERPES.
    SYPHILIS.
    CANCER.
    HEPATITIS A B and C.

• Cookie Walker says: 22 September 2021 at 11:14

Hello Am From The UK , I want to write a little testimony about the good work of doctor Oyagu who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 weeks with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc Oyagu email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 week and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through email address oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or text him on whatasApp , phone number +2348101755322 or visit his website https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/oyaguherbalhome if you are infected with HERPES virus or having any health problems you can contact Dr Oyagu and he will help you.

• Isadora Smith says: 22 September 2021 at 11:19

I was diagnosed with herpes in 2018 And Hiv/Aids in MAY 2019. I tried everything possible to get rid of it, tried several antibiotics but all to no avail. Just then I came across The website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome a certain HERBALIST RAZOR from West Africa who deals with herbal medicine that cures all kinds of diseases/infections , I reached out to HERBALIST RAZOR and he examined me for sometime and placed me on some herbal medication that worked aggressively on the herpes virus. I decided not to keep calm but to tell the world of his great works. Suffer no more with that ailment or disease, reach out to him now for a life changing experience. Contact Him on His Email : herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com
    WhatsApp/Cal; Him Directly on +2349065420442
    FaceBook Page : : https://web.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure

• Isadora Smith says: 22 September 2021 at 11:19

WhatsApp/Cal; Him Directly on +2349065420442
    FaceBook Page : : https://web.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure

• Isadora Smith says: 22 September 2021 at 11:20

WhatsApp/Cal; Him Directly on +2349065420442
    FaceBook Page : : https://web.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure

• Isadora Smith says: 22 September 2021 at 11:20

WhatsApp/Cal; Him Directly on +2349065420442
    FaceBook Page : : https://web.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure

• nelissa says: 25 September 2021 at 18:39

Are you having issues in your relationship, or finding it difficult to have a child of your own or are you the type having any diseases in your body. I will advice you to contact Dr. Abolo of Abolospell@gmail.com . The potency of his spell is so effective and can reunite broken relationship and can also make one get pregnant know matter the situation and not only that, he also has the power to cure all type of diseases within the period of 48hours.. Contact him today and thank me later.

Contact details : Abolospell@gmail.com

You can also send him a MSG on whatsapp directly via: +27743411428.

• emily faye says: 5 October 2021 at 03:19

I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. Silver and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Silver telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. Silver (drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address ( drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348123877102

• Mignon Wright says: 20 October 2021 at 17:53

DR OYAGU herbal medicine is a good remedy for herpes simplex virus cure. My name is MIGNON WRIGHT , am from USA,I am here to give my testimony about DR OYAGU who helped me in my life, i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by DR OYAGU, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Familiar, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how DR OYAGU cured them, when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without any problem, my HERPES result came out negative, I pray to God to never let me and my family forget you in our life, am now cured permanently, you can also get your self cured my friends if you really need this doctor help, you can reach him on his website ;https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/oyaguherbalhome Email: oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or via whatsapp +2348101755322

• Haily Bradwell Bradwell says: 24 October 2021 at 05:28

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO BINARY OPTION SCAM OR ANY ONLINE SCAM WHATSOEVER?.DO YOUR DESIRE CREDIT REPAIR[EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, TRANSUNION? WELL, YOU HAVE FOUND REDEMPTION IN ASORE CORP.
    asorehackcorp@gmail.com

Asore Corp is a group of multinational Hacker's, an affiliate of Evil Corp. We make sure by all means necessary that our clients get the best of services on a🔐PAYMENT AFTER JOB IS DONE BASIS✅. Rather than send money and trust a criminal to fulfill your deal, you can make sure the job is done before WORKMANSHIP is paid for. You'll get excellent customer service.
    That's a 100% guarantee. Our Cyber security Technicians are on standby 24/7 to receive your job requests.

⚠️ BEWARE OF FRAUDSTARS looking to hoax.
    if you have been a VICTIM, contact : ✉️cyberprecinct@gmail.com for directives.
    Here, it's always a win for you.

🔸OUR SERVICES🔸
    ➡️Binary Option funds recovery
    ➡️Social media hack
    ➡️Recovery of loan scam
    ➡️Credit repair (Equifax,Experian,Transunion)
    ➡️E mail hack
    ➡️College score upgrade
    ➡️Android & iPhone Hack
    ➡️Website design
    ➡️Website hack
    And lots more.

DISCLAIMER: Asore Cyber Corp accepts no responsibility for any information,previously given to anybody by clients on as regarding the job. Asore Cyber Corp will not distribute contact information collected on any hacking job other than in the Asore corps Hacker's listings themselves, and will not sell contact information to third parties.

CONTACT INFO: