Assistant Store Manager
Date Posted:30 October 2023
Work Hours:Full Time
Our client is a British, privately owned luxury womens clothing retail business. The product aesthetic is one of understated luxury; easy and relaxed pieces in beautiful fabrics. They currently have stores in Chelsea, Notting Hill and in the heart of the West End of London, and are looking to continue to build their customer base both in the UK and overseas. As a result of recent growth they are now seeking experienced Assistant Store Managers in two locations – West End and Notting Hill.
Assistant Store Manager - The role:
- As this is a boutique store, your remit is to offer exceptional customer service in a warm and welcoming environment, whilst maintaining a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- You will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer experiences and ensuring that each team member does the same.
- Being a role model for selling and having a true passion for connecting with customers and creating beautiful wardrobes
- Operationally excellent and able to demonstrate the fundamentals of running a store following company guidelines, including health and safety and keeping a high level of cleanliness and hygiene in the store
- Motivating staff members to meet and surpass targets
- Passing on managerial communications to other members of staff and ensuring that these are implemented
- Maintaining and monitoring store inventory – liaising with the warehouse/merchandising team when required
- Training staff members as well as pursuing your own training in-store
- Ensuring that the store is clean, safe and presentable for customers at all times
- Developing as a leader and exceptional Asst Store Manager
- Being a keyholder, and responsible for opening and closing the store
Assistant Store Manager - The candidate:
- You will either be currently in a Senior Sales Assistant/key holder position and ready to take on more responsibility or already in an Assistant Store Manager role and looking for somewhere where you can make a difference.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills with a warm and friendly demeanor
- Ability to soft sell products or services to customers
- Ability to evaluate KPI’s and coach team behaviours in the moment
- Excellent in-store and product knowledge
- Proactive - ability to identify areas for improvement within the team or store
- Excellent time management skills
- Leadership and management skills that demonstrate a potential for further development
- Trustworthy and organised and able to motivate and inspire
- Able to maintain positive working relationships with peers and direct reports
- Able to work weekends
Assistant Store Manager - The package:
- Competitive salary
- Product discount
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- 40 hours per week
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you agree to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.