Designer - Multi-product
Date Posted:02 October 2023
Work Hours:Full time
Our client is one of the largest clothing design and manufacturing exporters in India and a key supplier to Inditex as well as a number of other customers in Europe. With Design Houses in India and Madrid, they pride themselves on keeping abreast of key fashion trends and innovations including using sustainable fabrics. They are now looking for a multi-product designer to reinforce their design team in Madrid.
Designer - The Role:
- Working with both knitted and woven fabrics, you will be developing collections across womens and childrenswear as well as some menswear.
- You will need to work closely with the design teams in both Madrid and India to clearly identify and understand the core customer, market position and key competitors.
- Be aware of current trends, creating mood boards, developing new fabrics and prints
- Work on design technical packs under the direction of the Head of Design (based in India), to produce commercial innovative designs.
- Independently travelling to client meetings on a regular basis
Designer - The Candidate:
- Degree in fashion design, or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in a fast paced multinational company.
- Ability to work across multi-product, with a focus on knits, circular and jersey.
- Ability to communicate well and work in multicultural teams.
- Languages: Spanish (basic) and English.
- Ability to produce simulation CADs as well as free hand drawings.
- Able to travel frequently both within Spain and to India (3-4 times / year), and to Paris (twice / year) for Premier Vision.
Designer - The Package:
- Salary €38,000
- Bonus potential
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role, you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR policy.