Fabric Technical Manager
Date Posted:17 July 2023
Work Hours:Full time
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fabric Technical Manager to join their sourcing office in Sri Lanka.
Fabric Technical Manager - The role:
- To manage all jersey and woven fabric bases across all aspects of womens, mens and childrenswear.
- Maintain and improve the management of fabric sources into the region through the implementation of standard operating procedures with the emphasis on mill evaluation, pre-production, training and education on the customers minimum requirements.- Testing and submission procedures.
- Effective training of the fabric technologist team in all aspects of technology required to support the business.
- Effective communication and auditing.
- Effective risk analysis and regular communication with the customer and regional suppliers from pack handovers, through development and into pre-production.
- Regular auditing to ensure the garment quality performs to the customer minimum quality standards.
- Act as a key link between the UK head office and supplier base
Fabric Technical Manager - The candidate:
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar field, and working with UK retailers
- Knowledge and understanding of fabric testing standards and methodology
- Experience of quality compliance & auditing
- In depth knowledge of EU legislation and REACH compliance
- Previous experience in manufacturing & sourcing in Asia (not essential but advantageous)
Fabric Technical Manager - The Package:
- Attractive salary with beneficial taxes
- Other benefits - Housing and transport allowances, home trip and business travel to UK , relocation assistance, membership of exclusive expat clubs/gym, health insurance, etc
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR policy.