Date Posted:19 January 2024
Work Hours:Full Time
Our client is a leading supplier of on trend footwear for a number of UK High Street retailers and brands. They are now looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic designer to join an established Leicester business supplying all genders of footwear to the UK retail market. Working as part of a small team of designers and account managers to deliver high quality product to our customer base
Footwear Designer - The Role:
- Design & Product Development
- Deliver clear trends and designs that are well researched with supporting information and satisfy the brief
- Deliver well specified designs to sources with accurate technical components to ensure that resources are effectively used to deliver great product development
- To be lead designer on dedicated customer accounts and take a proactive role in research through comp shops/ original samples bought to build the business with these customers.
- Independent travel both for inspiration and product development. Trips to sources that maximize company resources into the delivery of a high standard product offer
- Trend analysis to be clear and timely to maximise sales opportunities
- Mange the design workload to ensure sales opportunities are maximised.
- Build positive and professional working relationships with the design team and all other departments in the business.
- In this role you will be working as a lead designer on accounts and therefore will be required to deliver a high standard of communication with buyers and designers within our customer base.
Footwear Designer - The Candidate:
- Educated to degree level in design and holding a relevant footwear qualification
- Ideally 3 year design experience within a design department of a footwear business
- Sound Knowledge of the UK footwear market
- Experience of travel for both sourcing and development trips
- Experienced at hand drawn design and competency in design programmes such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Procreate
Footwear Designer - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.