Date Posted:30 June 2023
Work Hours:Full Time
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have a rare opportunity for a General Manager to join their senior management team in their thriving Bangladesh hub.
General Manager - The Role:
- You will have responsibility for maintaining and building a USD 265million business working with 70 suppliers and looking after 330 employees – 7 of which are direct reports.
- You will be responsible for setting and achieving the strategy that drives sales growth for the territory, meeting targets for turnover and profitability.
- You will provide strong leadership to the business and motivate and engage your teams to achieve the business strategy.
- You will focus on the key business goals of great product offer and price, maintaining quality and delivery performance and reducing lead time.
- Report to the Directors and provide business updates on a regular basis, highlighting any issues
- Working with your Senior Management Team identify opportunities for growth in different product areas, whether price, factory or product offer
- Be a role model to employees and create a motivating work environment by communicating clear expectations and also coaching employees after identifying development needs
General Manager - The Candidate:
- Must have experience of working with UK/European retailers
- Exemplary leadership and management skills and have the ability to act as a mentor to the business.
- You will be able to make sound business decisions quickly and confidently
- You will have the ability to adapt in a challenging environment
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and strategic thinking
- Be customer focused
- You will be pro-active and have strong interpersonal skills
- You will be solution focused and an effective problem solver
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- 5 years in a similar position as a general manager in a sourcing office
- Over 10 years’ experience in relevant roles within a sourcing office
- Fluent in English
General Manager - The Package:
- Attractive salary with bonus and beneficial taxes
- Excellent holidays
- Medical insurance
Other benefits –
Spacious fully furnished apartment for you to choose, availability of a car and a driver at your service, home trip and business travel to UK , relocation assistance, membership of exclusive expat clubs with indoor and outdoor sports facilities, spa, salon, choice of drinks, food etc…
Life in Dhaka –
Dhaka is mostly bright and sunny throughout the year.
Availability of indoor and outdoor sports, yoga facilities and many other activities.
Exclusive clubs for expats with facilities of spa, swimming pool to relax, socialize with different nationalities in and outside the industry.
Inter club swimming, tennis, football, darts and many more friendly tournaments exclusively for expats.
Filled with entertainment activities (DJ music, live musical shows, theme nights ( St. Patricks celebrations, Spanish, Italian, Mexican nights).
Monthly branded clothing sales exclusively for expats with a wide range of clothing from different brands.
Range of best restaurants from local to international cuisine of your choice.
Supermarkets to get local and imported essentials and groceries.
Explore natural forests, mountains, rivers, tea estates and beaches out of Dhaka.
Direct flights to explore Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia Sri Lanka, India, Nepal and many other countries to spend a long weekend.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.