Graduate Knitwear Product Developer
Date Posted:22 July 2023
Work Hours:Full Time
Our client is a professional Garment Buying House providing Garment Sourcing, Quality Control and Inspection Services for established Buyers all over the world including a well-known British brand with global operations. They now have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious graduate with a passion for knitwear to join their diverse team in their large Bangladesh hub.
Graduate Product Developer - Knitwear - The Role:
Reporting into the Knitwear Product Manager your remit is to help drive and maximize the sales and profit for your given department’s divisions. Work together with UK buying and design teams to be able to achieve best sales. Ensuring the right suppliers and product strategies are implemented to deliver the best offer.
- Work with the UK buying and design teams to understand the needs of the Customer
- Assisting in the sourcing of yarns, developing swatches and garments and solving technical issues.
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions within HQ. This will require liaison with the UK Buying and Design teams.
- Work with the merchandising and technical teams within the local office to ensure the product offers are backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate.
- Establish and implement product and sourcing strategies to achieve the sales target with Product Manager and Merchandising Manager
- Deliver and present the season’s key product and trim trends at the target UK RSP, in order to drive your department sales in accordance with the UK critical path
- Help to prepare for all customer visits and product presentations.
- Communicate daily with the UK teams to discuss new briefs and sourcing requests, and to update them with the latest information from your suppliers.
- Work closely with your supply base, chasing samples, prices and ensuring they stick to deadlines to achieve lead times.
Graduate Product Developer - The Candidate:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in a design field - preferably including knitwear
- Experience working with the UK or European market is advantageous
- Good knitwear technical knowledge
- Excellent planning skills, with ability to prioritize and achieve deadlines
- Proactive, enthusiastic, reliable and strong at multi-tasking
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive garment technical knowledge for all product categories
- Must have strong leadership skills and be an exceptional team player
- Confident presenter
- Willing to travel
Graduate Product Developer - Knitwear - The Package:
- Highly attractive salary with beneficial tax
- Accommodation and transport provided
- 21 days holidays + 23 days public holidays
- Medical insurance
- Many other benefits including the opportunity to explore both Bangladesh and the rest of Asia!
Life in Dhaka –
Dhaka is mostly bright and sunny throughout the year.
Availability of indoor and outdoor sports, yoga facilities and many other activities.
Exclusive clubs for expats with facilities of spa, swimming pool to relax, socialize with different nationalities in and outside the industry.
Inter club swimming, tennis, football, darts and many more friendly tournaments exclusively for expats.
Filled with entertainment activities (DJ music, live musical shows, theme nights ( St. Patrick's celebrations, Spanish, Italian, Mexican nights).
Monthly branded clothing sales exclusively for expats with a wide range of clothing from different brands.
Range of best restaurants from local to international cuisine of your choice.
Supermarkets to get local and imported essentials and groceries.
Explore natural forests, mountains, rivers, tea estates and beaches out of Dhaka.
Direct flights to explore Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia Sri Lanka, India, Nepal and many other countries to spend a long weekend.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.