Knitwear Designer Maternity Cover
Date Posted:12 January 2024
Job Type:Permanent and also a Mat Cover
Work Hours:Full Time
Our client is a family owned, fast growing business with offices based in Leicester and London. They are also Europe's largest licensed apparel and accessories suppliers to high street and online fashion retailers. They have over 22 years of experience in the licensing industry and have considerable knowledge and contacts within the licensing arena, that enables them to stay at the forefront of the licensing industry. They have a comprehensive portfolio of key global brands covering everything from babywear to kids to adult on daywear, nightwear, outerwear, essentials, swimwear and accessories including bags, hats, gloves, watches, umbrellas, jewellery and footwear.
They are now looking for a Knitwear Designer (for a maternity cover). YOU MUST have fashion apparel design experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving fast paced company with excellent future prospects, during a period of growth.
Knitwear Designer Maternity Cover - The Role:
- Designing knitwear for seasonal ranges.
- Designing knitwear/graphics that meet company standards.
- Working closely with other team members, from initial concept to final product.
- Liaising with customers to make sure the samples are to a high standard and meet their requirements.
- Researching current trends then producing trend boards.
- Producing designs by CAD.
- Liaising with factories on design and artwork.
- Supporting factories with design execution
- Setting up showrooms for customer meetings.
- Ensuring tight deadlines are met.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends including colours and shapes.
Knitwear Designer Maternity Cover - The Candidate:
- Experience in similar role.
- Must have experience working with apparel/licensed products.
- Excellent skills in Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Excellent graphic design skills.
- Able to predict/translate trends.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
Knitwear Designer Maternity Cover - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR Policy.