Date Posted:07 November 2023
Work Hours:Full Time
Our client is a leading designer and supplier of ladies and childrens footwear providing on-trend footwear for a number of UK High Street retailers creating unique, on-trend styles for a wide range of UK retailers and providing a seamless service running from initial design through sourcing and quality assurance to delivery. They work very closely with the customers, on everything from design collaboration to sales support and also work closely with manufacturers in both Asia and Europe, to bring the very best in terms of originality, quality and value.
As well as creating footwear for many well-known retail brands, they also own a number of brand names which they are developing.
They are now seeking a Merchandiser to join their team To manage the customer’s sales orders from cradle to grave, ensuring the milestones in the critical path are achieved.
Merchandiser - The Role:
- The Merchandiser assists with the sales team in costing all products, prior to the sales team advising the customer of a price, to ensure sufficient margin is achieved.
- To process the customer order once received, raising the appropriate purchase order with our supplier/factory, creating the critical path to ensure that the order is delivered on time to the customer
- To liaise with the technical team to ensure all the appropriate testing is carried out on the product.
- Liaising with the customer to get samples signed off prior to production, ensuring the product is of merchantable quality
- Ensuring all prices offered to customers have been properly costed with the appropriate margin achieved
- Agreeing production schedules with the factories to ensure the goods are delivered on time
- Liaising with the Technical Team to ensure all testing is completed
- Liaising with the customer to ensure the critical path is being adhered too
Merchandiser - The Candidate
- Previous import/supply merchandiser experience in the fashion industry
- Highly organised
- Ability to work under pressure & cope with tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach
- Ensuring a smooth handover between departments
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- IT skills, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Driving licence is essential due to location
Merchandiser - The Package
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR Policy.