Date Posted:23 October 2023
Location:New York / Remote
Work Hours:Full time
Our client is a relatively new online business who are focused on building a sustainable, ethically sourced fashion and homeware brand. They offer a cost-effective casual homeware range which is also the epitome of comfort. The company is based in New York and Shanghai and now need a talented designer/product developer who can give the brand creative direction and help to ensure its positioning in the North American market. This role can be based in either Europe or the US.
Product Director - The role:
- Define a clear brand position, delving into the current status of the brand and pinpoint areas needing refocus or adjustment.
- Oversee the product direction, including fit development, fabric and colour selections and all other aspects of design and development.
- Maintain the brand’s core values, integrating the sustainability and environmental concerns within all aspects from concept through to packaging and despatch.
- Understand the market, capitalising on best sellers and making timely adjustments to products where required.
- Oversee the website appearance and content, optimising opportunities through social media platforms.
- Work closely with the marketing and supply chain teams to ensure the product offer is maximised.
Product Director – The candidate:
- A talented designer with at least 8 years of experience in designing and developing minimalist garments across both ladies and menswear.
- You will need to be hands-on with the ability to produce clear information/tech packs for the team in Shanghai.
- Deeply understand and able to embrace the sustainability and environmental concerns.
- Excellent communications skills and highly self-motivated.
- A strong understanding of the needs and trends of the North American market.
Product Director – The package:
- This role is full time and can be either based in New York, or remote.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR policy.