Senior Garment Technologist
Date Posted:09 November 2023
Work Hours:Full time
Our client is a market leader in the supply of hosiery, underwear & loungewear to global retailers. With a passion for great product design, a reputation for taking trends and using the latest technologies, they develop portfolios to match a brand or retailer’s core customer base. In addition, they design, supply, promote & distribute for a number of licensed global brands and own label brands. They now have a rare opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist to join their team.
Senior Garment Technologist - the role:
- Reporting to the Head of Technical and Compliance, you will be working between the Design / Development and Production teams to ensure all products are sealed on time according to the critical path and quality standards are clearly communicated to and achieved by suppliers.
- Identify seasonal block developments and where new blocks are required, work to supplier base to establish these, creating measurement charts and approving reference samples when required.
- Manage sealing critical path, fit approval schedule and on-time delivery for all pro-type and pre-production samples.
- Manage size standards for all product categories, establishing and maintaining fit and size standards for all brands.
- Document and issue fit comments to vendors in line with the critical path.
- Launch and approve graded spec charts, monitoring correct and consistent grade rules across all vendors.
- Overview of shipment sample and AQL inspection process. Liaise with Head of Technical and Compliance to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Maintain Product Manual and ensure that updates are issued and communicated effectively within the wider business and supply chain.
- Manage approvals of product labelling and ensure that legal requirements for labelling are met.
- Liaise with supply base to ensure that all due-diligence product testing is met and meets industry standard requirements.
- Create and maintain workbooks for a style once ordered and ensure the workbooks are up-to-date and maintained through product lifecycle.
- Managing a Junior Technologist on a day-to-day basis
Senior Garment Technologist - the candidate:
- You will have at least 5 years experience of working with a similar product range
- Be confident working independently, as well as within a team
- Preferably have experience of people management, providing daily guidance where required.
Senior Garment Technologist – the package:
- Competitive, depending upon experience
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will have consented to the u&i Search GDPR policy.