Technical Outerwear Designer
Date Posted:03 August 2023
Work Hours:Full time
Our client is a leading supplier of protective clothing to the military, special forces and emergency services. They have developed a specialist reputation for designing and engineering some of the best quality, functional clothing & equipment out there. Based in Devon they are now looking to strengthen their team with Designers with a real interest in this highly technical field.
Technical Outerwear Designer - The role:
This role is in a very fast paced environment based full time in Exeter.
- You will be working alongside a talented team and have access to the on-site production unit.
- Your remit will be to develop cutting edge technical clothing and accessories for the military and law enforcement.
- There will be some overseas travel involved.
Technical outerwear Designer - The candidate:
- You must have experience of designing technical outwear products and have a passion for this product area.
- Must be competent with Illustrator and Photoshop. Plus, ideally CLO3D.
- A clear understanding of how to build a full technical pack, including Bill of Materials
- A clear understanding of garment construction and commercial garment manufacturing for technical outerwear
- A good knowledge of fabrics - woven and knitted - with the ability to develop/source new fabrics
- Print and graphic design knowledge would be beneficial
- Must be able to communicate ideas and present collections, both internally and externally, to suppliers and customers
- Must be a team player
Technical Outerwear Designer - The package:
- Competitive salary DOE
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you are asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.