Womenswear Pattern Cutter (tailoring)
Date Posted:27 September 2023
Work Hours:Full Time
Our client is Britain’s leading independent design company. They are currently seeking a Womenswear Pattern Cutter (tailoring) to create accurate patterns to the design and technical requirements and ensure that the best possible garments can be produced to given deadlines on a seasonal basis.
Womenswear Pattern Cutter (tailoring) - The Role:
- To make sample patterns as required, to the design and technical requirements within seasonal deadlines.
- To resolve any problems that may arise with patterns when used by factories or in house Sample Machinists.
- Learn to proficiently use the Assyst Computer Pattern Cutting System to create development patterns on a seasonal basis. (training on this system will be provided if necessary)
- To create development patterns where necessary, manually and also drafting on the stand.
- To contact factories to resolve sample pattern problems and liaise with technical design staff as required.
- To attend fitting sessions throughout the development and pre-production stage of each season and make accurate notes relating to pattern alterations.
- To alter patterns in accordance with fitting details prior to grading keeping to grading deadlines.
- To assist with pattern grading as and when required to do so.
- To learn all main systems within pattern cutting area.
- To help keep the pattern cutting area clean and tidy.
- To undertake any additional work required in the preparation for the selling shows.
- To keep up to date with Womenswear trends.
- Any other duties, not specified above, as outlined by your Line Manager
Womenswear Pattern Cutter (tailoring) - The Candidate:
- Must have experience in a similar role ideally working with tailoring
- Accurate and efficient
- Up to date with Womenswear trends
- Open to learning new skills
Womenswear Pattern Cutter (tailoring) - The Package:
- Depending on experience with benefit package
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy