Product Manager - Childrenswear
Date Posted:06 February 2024
Work Hours:Full time
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join the Childrenswear team in their thriving Bangladesh hub.
Are you looking for something new, keen for an adventure, want to live an expat life and to travel to some amazing places? If so, this could just be the ticket!
Product Manager – Childrenswear - The Role:
- Reporting into the Senior Product Manager your remit is to maximize the Sales & Profit for your product area.
- You will be working closely with your in house design and UK buying and design teams, ensuring you have the most appropriate local manufacturers which will result in the best offer for the business.
- Work alongside the Merchandise Manager to implement the product budget and strategy in order to help increase sales and achieve margin targets.
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions within HQ. This will require constant communication with the UK Buying and Design teams.
- Prepare for all customer visits and product presentations, and ensure they are well organised and impressed.
- Communicate daily with the UK teams to discuss new briefs and sourcing requests, and to update them with the latest information from your suppliers.
- Manage the product offer from your region. Work closely with your supply base to maximise potential product, price or lead time opportunities.
- Product Managers work closely with Merchandising and Technical teams to ensure development samples and price quotes are timely and accurate.
Product Manager – Childrenswear - The Candidate:
- Preferably a minimum of 5-8 years of strong experience in buying, design or product development the UK/European childrens or babywear market
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills to develop strategies for the brand to gain a competitive edge.
- Excellent communication skills to work across all functions to ensure the best product offer.
- Sales focused and commercially driven with strong negotiation skills.
- Resourceful, organized, energetic, analytical and competent.
- Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- A self starter and problem solver.
Product Manager - Childrenswear - The Package:
- Attractive salary with beneficial taxes
- Excellent holidays
- Medical insurance
- Bonus potential
Other benefits –
Spacious fully furnished apartment for you to choose, availability of a car and a driver at your service, home trip and business travel to UK , relocation assistance, membership of exclusive expat clubs with indoor and outdoor sports facilities, spa, salon, choice of drinks, food etc…
Life in Dhaka –
Dhaka is mostly bright and sunny throughout the year. Availability of indoor and outdoor sports, yoga facilities and many other activities.
Exclusive clubs for expats with facilities of spa, swimming pool to relax, socialize with different nationalities in and outside the industry.
Inter club swimming, tennis, football, darts and many more friendly tournaments exclusively for expats.
Filled with entertainment activities (DJ music, live musical shows, theme nights ( St. Patricks celebrations, Spanish, Italian, Mexican nights).
Monthly branded clothing sales exclusively for expats with a wide range of clothing from different brands.
Range of best restaurants from local to international cuisine of your choice.
Supermarkets to get local and imported essentials and groceries.
Explore natural forests, mountains, rivers, tea estates and beaches out of Dhaka.
Direct flights to explore Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia Sri Lanka, India, Nepal and many other countries to spend a long weekend.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR policy.